There might many different types of cheese in the world, but they will taste ten times better if you pair it up with wine. If you confused about what two types of wine and cheese should you pair up, then keep your approach as simple as you can. There isn't any hard or fast rule to choose only type of wine that matches with the cheese. You can make your own pairings too. But when you make your own combinations here, you need to make sure both the cheese and the wine belong to a similar region like a nice Italian Chianti and a good Parmesan will give you a great combination together.
You are always thinking of new ways to make your cheese and wine event more eventful. There are a few add ons to help you make the occasion a greater hit -
1) handmade wedding cakes - There are a few places where you can find delicious cakes that are quite reasonable in price and are hand made.
2) Fruits - Apples, fresh berries, or apricots but prove to be a great combination along side wine and cheese.
3) Crackers and bread - When you host a wine and cheese party, prefer serving home made hard and crisp breads along with it. Avoid the usual white bread because its taste doesn't compliment other items.
4) Nuts - You can try out some hazelnuts or almonds to go with it. You could also add honey if the wine you are choosing is a dessert wine. Black pepper goes great with all the red wines.
There are no strict rules regarding your cheese and wine pairings, but there are few things you could keep in mind to make your party a hit -
1) Go White - It is a common myth that red wine tastes best with cheese, but white wines will do the trick better. Cheese contains tannins and the complimentary factor in the white wine is that it helps to prevent acidity along with tannins.
2) Red wine - If you still want to stick to red wines, opt for wines that are at least 10 years older. A normal bottle of Rescal or Valdemar will cost you nearly 15. The problem is the tannins are quite rough so we need something to balance them out.
3) Cheese - It is always said that choose the same concentration of wine and cheese. Lighter wines will be great with light cheese. Pay attention to the type of cheese you select and after that the selection of wines will be really easy.
A wine and cheese event has always been quite popular since the correct wine with the correct cheese, improves the complexity and taste of both these ingredients. Few rules are to be kept intact if you don't wish for a disaster to happen, but other than that you can make your mind creative by coming up with new pairings and showing them off to all of your friends.